- Lifestyle - House Music - Informed Opinion - Smut -

- Lifestyle - House Music - Informed Opinion - Smut -

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Deep House Dining And The Guest DJ Series Kick Off

On August 28th 2009 I began my weekly house music mixer - Deep House Dining - at City Cafe; a Mt Vernon local hot spot. Over the weeks and months since it started I have been more than pleased with the positive response by the local clientele; excited about something fresh and new happening in Baltimore. In addition to patrons enjoying themselves, local promoters like Patrick Turner (Moog @ Red Maple), and Cooper Miley and Seferina Kim (Plus One) have had nothing but good things to say about what is happenings at City Cafe on Fridays. As the year ended, and while the party gained popularity I began to sense that the logical next step was to add some fresh talent to the mix. I began asking regular attender and City staff about the possibility of bringing guest DJ's from around the region to play for the City crowd. Without hesitation my suggestion was met with excitement and enthusiasm; and last night the idea became a reality.

On January 22nd 2010 SwiftDJ (my production entity) presented Deep House Dining - Everybody Loves Music Edition, featuring Joe L. Joe has been DJing for many years in DC and his love of house music and dedication to the DC house music scene is well know to many! Joe has thrown several successful parties and has collaborated with others over the past few years to bring top-notch talent to the househeads in the DC/Baltimore area. A founding member of Everybody Loves Music, a influential DC-based production team, Joe has rocked events like Elm Fridays, Hometown Heros, PUSH and "the Dig".

With all said and done, by the end of the night after Joe rocked the City spot I looked around at the excellent professional staff at City Cafe, Ethan, Amy, Kyle and the rest - all very exhausted... and thought to myself - WOW this was the busiest & best night yet! My assumptions were confirmed when I got home and saw a posting on Facebook by Megan A. (one of the bartenders at City) saying it was the busiest night she's worked in a LONG TIME. The only thing that was missing were the owners of the venue who were returning from a vacation and my boyfriend who had an early appointment. Bruce, Gino, Kevin - you were missed!

So now my thoughts and energy moves on from last night event to planning next months guests DJ or DJ's (hummm...) Keep an eye out for more.... Cheers

C-Dubz

No comments:

Post a Comment